Water Quality

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Water Quality Complaints

In the event you experience a problem with taste, odor, or color of your drinking water, please call the Public Works Department at (707) 942-2828.

Our water treatment staff will discuss the nature of the problem with you. If it is determined that your drinking water requires sampling, the staff will collect and send samples to Caltest Water Lab for analysis. In the event there is a problem, we will notify you immediately, otherwise, you will receive a timely callback regarding the water sample results.

If you have an inquiry only regarding the quality of your drinking water, please fill in and print our Water Quality Inquiry form, and either fax, email or mail to the department. If you would like a callback, please note that on the form and be sure to give the phone number of where you can be contacted.

Public Works Department
414 Washington Street
Calistoga CA 94515

Ph: 707-942-2828
Fax 707-942-9472

Calistoga’s Surface Water Treatment Plant provides residents and tourists with drinking water. Daily monitoring and routine laboratory analysis of water samples, insure a safe and healthy water supply delivered to your home. The City has a team of state certified and experienced plant operators, trained to operate and maintain the surface water treatment plant 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Under state law, all public water systems are required to send monthly and annual water monitoring reports to the California State Water Resources Control Board. These documents ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations associated with domestic drinking water.  In addition, the regulations direct public water systems to provide an annual report to all water customers and is aptly named, the Consumer Confidence Report (CCR).

This report is due each year by July 1, and contains a summary of measured water quality parameters for the preceding calendar year. One can also obtain a copy of the current CCR from City Hall, at 1232 Washington Street, or at Public Works, 414 Washington Street.

City of Calistoga's 2019 Consumer Confidence Report:
For more information please contact City of Calistoga's Public Works Dept. at 707-942-2828.


City of Calistoga also buys water from the City of Napa. City of Napa's 2019 Consumer Confidence Report:
For more information please contact City of Napa's Water Division at 707-257-9521.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer