In order to ensure that development is coordinated in an efficient manner and to encourage prudent growth, the City Council adopted a Growth Management System. This system is applicable to development in all zoning districts. All new development and expansions/intensifications to existing uses and structures will require a Growth Management Allocation to be granted by the City Council.
Are you exempt from this process? (PDF)
Below we have provided documentation of the foundation for implementation of the Growth Management System Program:
- Ordinance No. 616, establishing a Growth Management System Applicable to Development in all Zoning Districts, adopted January 4, 2005, and
- Ordinance No. 624, amending Chapter 19.02 (Growth Management System) of the Calistoga Municipal Code to clarify and improve program implementation, adopted September 7, 2005.
- Ordinance No. 660, amending Chapter 19.02 (Growth Management System) of the Calistoga Municipal Code to clarify, streamline and improve program implementation, adopted June 2, 2009.
- Resolution No. 2005-006 (PDF), establishing a Fee Schedule for the Processing of Growth Management Allocation Applications pursuant to Title 19 (Environmental Protection) Chapter 19.02 Growth Management System of the Calistoga Municipal Code (Ordinance No.616), adopted January 18, 2005.
- Resolution No. 2009-075 (PDF), adoption of the 2010 Residential and Non-Residential General Development Objectives, and initiation of the process pursuant to Title 19 (Environmental Protection) Chapter 19.02 Growth Management System of the Calistoga Municipal Code.
Resolution No. 2009-103 (PDF) Suspending Applicable Provisions of the Growth Management System Program and Designating Authority to the Planning & Building Director to Process Allocations Pursuant to Chapter 19.02 Growth Management System of the Calistoga Municipal Code.
For your convenience please find below sample downloadable forms for the Growth Management System Application process.
- Information Sheet (PDF)
- Application Form (PDF)
- Standardized Use Table (PDF), this summary may be used for projecting project need on the Allocation Application form. This Table is a standardized list; some uses/projects may require a specific engineered water/wastewater analysis.
- Guidelines for Water/Wastewater Use Studies (PDF), Water and Wastewater Use Studies may be utilized to meet the City of Calistoga’s objective of developing sound and realistic estimates of the water and wastewater system resources required for a project or development.
- Exception Application (PDF)
For additional information please contact the Planning and Building Department (707) 942-2827