Human Resources is a Division of the Administrative Services Department and is responsible for the City’s recruitment and selection process, employee and labor relations, affirmative action, health plan administration, maintenance of employee records, risk management efforts and employee training and development.
Our mission is to serve our community and attract and retain a strong workforce committed to serving the public. We do this by partnering with all City departments in the recruitment, retention, and development of qualified and productive employees.
Human Resources Office is responsible for the following:
- Recruitment of new employees (development of job descriptions/specifications and fliers, advertising, scheduling/coordination of screening, processing and interviews)
- Internal recruitment and promotions
- Pre-employment paperwork, ID card and keys
- Orientation of new employees to the organization, personnel policies, performance evaluations, discipline and grievances, MOU's and leave programs
- Administration of employee benefits which include medical, dental, life insurance, employee assistance program and retirement plans
- Employee relation matters with representatives of recognized employee organizations
- Assure the City has fair and equitable policies and procedures that are uniformly interpreted and implemented
- Review of compensation and classification administration on a regular basis
- Creating a safe work environment for employees and citizens by administering safety training and OSHA mandated programs, administering liability insurance programs and responding to citizen and employee safety concerns
- Administration and retention of employee personnel and medical records which is subject to compliance with the law and high standards of confidentiality
- Employee training and development
To apply for a job with the City of Calistoga you must submit a separate City application for each position you are interested in.
Please note that resumes will not be accepted in-lieu of a City Application.
All employment opportunities will be posted on this site. You may sign up to receive notifications about employment opportunities via email.