City of Calistoga Elections are administered through the City Clerk office. Elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of each even-numbered year.
The right to vote is a fundamental freedom guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States. It allows us the right to choose the people who represent us and make the laws that we all live under. We encourage you to register to vote and, if you’re interested, to run for public office.
The City Clerk assists candidates in meeting their legal responsibilities before, during and after an election. From election pre-planning to certification of election results and filing of final campaign disclosure documents, the City Clerk can assist you. For more information, please contact the City Clerk office by e-mail: email@example.com.
As a courtesy, the City of Calistoga is providing our local ordinance for election signage. Please share this information with those creating and placing campaign signs within the City of Calistoga. Thank you.
I. Signs Associated with an Election.
1. Signs identifying a person or issue scheduled for an upcoming election shall not be erected more than 60 days prior to an election day and shall be removed within five days after the election day. Such signs may be placed in any district on private property with the consent of the property owner. No one sign shall be authorized to exceed eight square feet. The number of signs permitted on a parcel shall be limited to one sign per candidate or issue, per each parcel frontage along a public right-of-way.
- Candidate Information
- Easy Voter Guide (Members of the public can pick up easy voter guides at City Hall in English and Spanish.)
- Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
- League of Women Voters of California
- Multilingual Voting Services
- Napa County Elections
- Poll Worker Information
- Qualifications and Requirements for Running for Office
- Register to Vote
- Secretary of State
- State Voter Information Guide
- Segmento de la televisión española en la elección de noviembre