Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


The City of Calistoga leaders are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and working closely with the Napa County Department of Public Health, the Napa County Emergency Management Department and other local agency partners.

The lead local agency for this public health matter is the Napa County Department of Public Health. Please visit the website frequently for the most up-to-date local information about COVID-19.



Napa County recently launched a new website,, to provide the most up-to-date information on local resources and assistance. Here you can find food, financial, housing, and family resources and assistance, along with health, education, childcare, community organizations, transportation, and COVID-19 information.Ready Napa County 2






 Napa County SAH Order

FINAL 5.6.20





  • VIRTUAL LOCAL ASSISTANCE CENTER: Napa County has activated its virtual local assistance center (LAC) for Napa County residents and businesses.  Here you'll find a consolidated list of state, county and community services to support you and your loved ones during this unprecedented time - these services include food assistance, mental health, health coverage, housing, education and financial assistance, among other things.
    • Who do I call if I need support? Napa County Information Line: Information and support related to COVID-19. Call (707) 253-4540 (Monday – Friday, from 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm) Call center staff speak English and Spanish and can provide referrals to critical information and resources: Food Assistance, Health Coverage, Testing Information, Mental Health, Financial Assistance, Health Order Information, Utilities, Housing Topics and General Questions.
    • Comprehensive services for older adults: Information specifically for older adults: IHHS, Medi-Cal, CalFresh, Adult Protective Services, and Veterans Office, call (707) 253-3818. 
    •  CalFresh Applications can be started online, also phone interviews are taking place by Napa County Self Sufficiency Services) to complete the process. These are services that are considered essential and will continue to operate. Emergency assistance applications are by phone appointment (707) 253-4511.
    • Apply for CalWorks employment assistance. Emergency services by phone appointment (707) 253-4511.
    • Meals on Wheels: If you are homebound and 60+ years old and need support accessing meals please call (707) 253-6100. 
    •  County Healthcare Information: Medi-Cal is for low-income children and adults. There are different types and an eligibility worker at the County will be able to explain which program is best for a client's situation. Call (707) 253-4511.
    • Community Health Initiative (CHI): CHI offers health insurance enrollment and re-enrollment assistance as well as personal follow-up to assist you in accessing services through Medi-Cal, Medicare and Covered California. Contact CHI to schedule an appointment at (707) 227-0830.
    • Health Insurance: In order to be tested for COVID-19, one must be referred by their medical provider; for people who are uninsured, this can be challenging. Covered California has opened a special enrollment period once they complete an application online, it will require their local Medical office (Napa County Self Sufficiency Services) to approve. These are services that are considered essential and will continue to operate.
    •  Aldea Children & Family Services is available by phone for children's mental health needs while shelter-at-home order is in place (707) 253-0123.
    • Exodus Recovery Crisis Stabilization Services offers mental health crisis services. Open 24/7 crisis line: (707) 253-0123.
    • LGBTQ Connection offers LGBTQ-friendly, free, drop-in counseling by phone appointment: (707) 948-6640.
    • Mentis: Napa's Center offers affordable mental health care to individuals of most ages in English and Spanish. Mentis Intake Line is available by phone while shelter-at-home order is in place: (707) 255-0966 x132.
    • Napa County Mental Health offers mental health assessments and referrals to a variety of other mental health services. Napa County Mental Health is currently operating a warm line support service (Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm) for individuals of all ages who are experiencing anxiety, stress, worry, depression, etc. related to COVID-19. Call (707) 259-8151 or (800) 648-8650.
    • Stress management
    • Substance Abuse Mental Health
    •  Child Welfare Emergency Line: Call (707) 253-4261 or toll free at (800) 464-4216 (after hours) to report cases of child abuse or neglect.
    • Adult Protective Services call (toll free) (888) 619-6913 if you suspect that an elder or dependent adult is being physically abused, neglected, or financially exploited.
    • Emergency Financial Assistance offered through On the Move and Up Valley Family Centers, call (707) 965-5010 or email
    • Season of Sharing (SOS) for individuals and families in crisis to pay for housing and emergency needs that cannot be met through other resources. Assistance includes rental/mortgage payment assistance, security deposit, medical equipment not covered by insurance, delinquent utilities, non-routine auto repairs (restrictions apply), and critical dental cost. Call (707) 299-1890.
    • Family and Community Resource Centers: These centers can help with general questions about food access and provide range of family support services: Up Valley Family Centers (707) 965-5010, On the Move (707) 363-8390, ParentsCAN (707) 253-7444, Puertas Abiertas (707) 224-1786, Catholic Charities (707) 890-0211, Cope Family Center (707) 252-1123, NEWS (707) 252-3687 (Services to support victims of domestic & sexual abuse).
    •  ICE released a statement in regards to COVID-19.
    • CA Disaster Relief Fund for Undocumented Families: On April 15, Governor Newsom announced an initiative to support undocumented families. Details of the program are still forthcoming. Amount: $500 one-time cash payment for undocumented individuals and $1,000 per household. Process: Funding will be dispersed through a community-based model of regional nonprofits working with undocumented communities. Click here to learn more.



  • Napa Sonoma Small Business Development Center: Information and FAQs regarding resources available for small businesses to help cope with the impacts of the coronavirus.
  • National Trust Community Investment Corporation: Guide to how the Federal stimulus can assist small businesses and non-profits. 
  • Calistoga Chamber of Commerce: Resources and Information , for businesses and residents, including a listing of open businesses. 
  • U.S. Small Business Association: Available through June 30, 2020, the Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest or utilities.
  • Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Regulatory Relief: Pursuant to the Constitution of the State of California, Article XX, Section 22, and in furtherance of Governor Newsom's emergency declarations and orders regarding the Spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control is temporarily suspending enforcement of specific legal prohibitions identified here.
  • COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Dine-In Restaurants
  • "Calistoga is Open for Business" Temporary Support and Recovery Program
  • Reopening Guidance for Tasting Rooms with Secondary Retail (05/21/2020)



City of Calistoga

Other Agencies



  • Online Permit Portal - Apply online!
  • Utility Bill (Water & Sewer) - Pay online!
    • Utility Bill Payment Notice: The City of Calistoga has issued a declaration of local emergency due to COVID-19 and has temporarily closed City Offices. During the temporary closure we are waiving late fee penalties for delinquent utility bills. Utility payments can be dropped in the payment box to left of the front door. All Utility payments dropped off may be paid by check, money order, or cashier’s check. During the temporary closure you can also pay by credit card by calling 942-2801 during regular business hours.
    • Aviso de Pago para Servicios Públicos: La ciudad de Calistoga ha emitido una declaración de emergencia local debido a COVID-19 y ha cerrado temporalmente las oficinas de la ciudad. Durante el cierre temporal, renunciamos a las multas por recargos por pagos tardíos de agua. Los pagos de servicios públicos se pueden colocar en la caja de pago a la izquierda de la puerta principal. Todos los pagos de servicios públicos que se entreguen pueden pagarse con cheque, giro postal o cheque de caja. Durante el cierre temporal también puede pagar con tarjeta de crédito llamando al 942-2801.
  • Business Licenses - Apply and pay online!



  • Phone: If the resources listed have not addressed your question(s): If you are not a healthcare provider, please call the Napa County coronavirus information line at 707-253-4540 (Monday – Friday, from 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm) Call center staff speak English and Spanish and can provide referrals to critical information and resources: Food Assistance, Health Coverage, Testing Information, Mental Health, Financial Assistance, Health Order Information, Utilities, Housing Topics and General Questions.
  • Healthcare Providers please email
  • To report a shelter-at-home violation, please email
  • Text your zip code to 888-777 to sign up for Nixle alerts