- Date: 05/27/2020 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Calistoga Community Center
1307 WASHINGTON STREET
Calistoga, California 94515
Planning Commission Regular Meeting Agenda
May 27, 2020
|5:30 PM||Chair, Paul Coates|
|Calistoga Community Center||Vice Chair, Tim Wilkes|
|1307 Washington St. Calistoga, CA
||Commissioner, Scott Cooper|
|Commissioner, Doug Allan|
|Commissioner, Alissa McNair|
* COVID-19 NOTICE *
THIS MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE GOVERNOR’S EXECUTIVE ORDERS N-29-20 AND N-25-20, WHICH SUSPEND CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS OF THE BROWN ACT, AND PURSUANT TO THE MARCH 18, APRIL 2, AND APRIL 22, 2020 ORDERS OF THE HEALTH OFFICER OF NAPA COUNTY, WHICH PERMIT THE CITY TO CONDUCT ESSENTIAL BUSINESS AND IS PERMITTED UNDER THE ORDERS AS AN ESSENTIAL GOVERNMENTAL FUNCTION
Planning Commissioners and staff essential to this meeting will be present at the meeting or may teleconference into the meeting and the meeting location will be set up to comply with the social distancing requirements, maintaining at least six feet between individuals.
In order to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, please do the following:
1. People at high risk of severe illness from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and people who are sick are urged to stay in their residence. If you choose to attend the Commission meeting in person, you will be required to maintain appropriate social distancing, i.e., maintain a six-foot distance between yourself and other individuals. Public attendance at the meeting location will be limited to comply with the social distancing requirements and all are required to wear face coverings.
2. You are strongly encouraged to observe the meeting live on Channel 28 or on the City’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cityofcalistoga. If you are unable to attend or miss the live broadcast, the meeting video will be available on the City YouTube channel immediately following the meeting and will be uploaded to the city website www.ci.calistoga.ca.us by 3:00 p.m. on May 28, 2020.
3. If you choose to view the meeting remotely and wish to make a comment on a specific agenda item, please submit your comment, limited to 250 words or less, via email to the Planning Commission Secretary at email@example.com. The comment will only be read for a maximum of three minutes, or as determined by the Chair. If a comment is received after the agenda item is heard but before the close of the meeting, the comment will still be included as a part of the record of the meeting but will not be read into the record. Every effort will be made to read your comment into the record, but some comments may not be read due to time limitations, as determined by the Chair.
The City of Calistoga thanks you in advance for taking all precautions to prevent spreading the COVID‑19 virus.
Note: The format of this meeting may be altered or the meeting may be canceled if needed. You may check on the status of the meeting by visiting the City website at www.ci.calistoga.ca.us for any updates.
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Public Comments is an opportunity to address the Planning Commission on items of interest to the public that do not appear on the agenda. Comments should be limited to three minutes. The Commission cannot consider any issues or take action on items raised during Public Comments.
D. ADOPTION OF MEETING AGENDA
F. CONSENT CALENDAR
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. 1458 Lincoln Avenue - Calistoga Depot – ADR 2020-2: Consideration of a referral to the Planning Commission of an Administrative Design Review application to repaint the Calistoga Depot at 1458 Lincoln Avenue (APN 011-211-012)
I. MATTERS INITIATED BY COMMISSIONERS
J. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
I declare that a copy of this agenda was posted at City Hall, 1232 Washington Street, among other locations within the Calistoga city limits, by Tuesday, May 19, 2020, no later than 4:30 p.m.
Planning Commission Secretary
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Speakers may provide their name and subject of discussion. Presentations to the Commission are generally limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted by the Commission Chair as appropriate to the scope of the project
REPORTS: Staff reports to the Planning Commission for items on this agenda are available online at www.ci.calistoga.ca.us. For additional information, please call the Planning & Building Department at 707.942.2830.
DECISION: For applications that require review by the City Council, the Commission’s action is a recommendation to the Council. In cases where no other action is required, the action of the Commission is final unless appealed.
APPEALS: Anyone who does not agree with the Planning Commission’s decision or the conditions that have been imposed by the Commission in approving an agenda item may appeal the Commission’s action to the City Council. Appeals must be filed within 10 calendar days from the date of the Commission’s action. Appeals may be limited to those issues raised at the public meeting. For additional information concerning the requirements for filing an appeal, please contact the Planning & Building Department, 1232 Washington Street, Calistoga or call 707.942.2830.
NOTICE: If you challenge the City’s decision in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council at, or prior to, the public hearing. Judicial review of any City administrative decision may be heard only if a petition is filed with the court not later than the 90th day following the date upon which the decision becomes final. Judicial review of environmental determinations may be subject to a shorter time period for litigation, in certain cases 30 days following the date of final decision.
SPECIAL ASSISTANCE: Each City entity offers public programs, services, and meetings in a manner that is reasonably accessible to everyone, including individuals with disabilities. Each City entity complies with all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and California law, and does not discriminate against any person with a disability. If a person with a disability requires information or materials in an appropriate alternative format (or any other reasonable accommodation), or needs any assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Planning Commission Secretary Zach Tusinger at 707.942.2830 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In making a request for assistance, advance notice to the City 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make suitable arrangements. Wheelchair access to the Community Center and speaker’s microphone is available. For TTY/ Speech-to-Speech users, dial 711 for the California Relay Service, offering free text-to-speech, speech-to-speech, and Spanish-language services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.